As a designer I must admit I am addicted to design trends and 2017 is quickly approaching.. I think now is a great time to start exploring what trends are already shining through:
- Organic color pallets – Muted, blues and greys are still shining, though more organic and natural this years color pallet will have deep greens, deeper greys and steel blues. There Back…..Deeper Jewel Tones! Deep colors are the best way to kick up a traditional space.
- Cork – I’m very attracted to natural texture. And cork does double duty. It creates warmth in rooms while adding texture. To add another excellent element to this already shinning star, cork absorbs noise in our increasingly open and larger homes. In a home office or luxurious bedroom this trend is often a overlooked design element. Cork brings a unique story to any part of your home. The natural but soft texture of cork complements every style.
- Home Bars – This latest home trend raises the bar on what was once considered only for the uber wealthy. Home bars are now becoming the norm. At the end of a tough day at work, coming home and popping open a beer or decanting a glass of wine is a great way to unwind, but there’s just something special about making a cocktail at the bar.
- Vintage goes Modern – In design, what goes around comes around. … start heading on over to your local vintage furniture store now to grab some great finds. Burled wood of the art deco period, classic campaign furniture and other vintage looks were front and center at High Point again this fall. Historic pieces and mid century modern are still going strong.
- Upholstered headboards – Expect more of this glamorous look, with luxurious fabrics and tufted bed heads. This trend is very versatile, and fits into any room. Nail head’s to tufted buttons, upholstered headboards are an instant way to update your boudoir. Tailored lovely and very desirable!
- Terracotta – The color is already prominent in fashion trend this fall, but this is not your mamas tile! Tiles with a matte finish are used on feature walls and fireplaces. The tiles are bordered and in uniquely warmer hues with added texture.
With only a few months left in 2016, trends in 2017 for your home are already arising! Forecasters and designers are rolling in with the newest and hottest trends for your luxury home. So if you’re thinking about or already renovating or building your own luxury home, these are some trends to look out for. Come visit us at the Home Expo for your renovation projects, let the pro’s help you, stop in and see me for some inspiration! We have a variety of experts on hand to talk to, so bring your ideas and let them help you complete your list.
Stay Tuned for more Adventures in Styleland…