There is nothing worse than trying to prepare a meal with a dull knife. If you’re knife isn’t sharp you might as well just try ripping apart your ingredients with your hands instead of cutting them. If it’s one thing everyone needs, it is good kitchen knives, American Made Cutco Knives have been around since 1949. Cutco has proudly made high-quality kitchen knives and products in Olean, New York. A local company right in our own backyard! Cutco sells more than just knives, they also offer cook ware, garden tools, flatware and more. See all their products at their location on the upper level at booth 338 in the Times Union Center.
This is the Feature recipe this month from Cutco:
With the holidays behind us it’s time to hunker down and treat ourselves to comfort food that will carry us through the chill of winter.
This make-ahead All-in-One Ham Casserole is great for a weeknight dinner. Once the prep work is done, everything is in one dish and ready to cook. It just needs to be heated through and dinner is served. It’s perfect for days when you’re looking for something quick and hearty.
All-in-One Ham Casserole
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10 ½-ounce) condensed cheese and broccoli soup, undiluted or any creamy condensed soup such as cream of mushroom, cream of celery, cream of onion
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender; drain. Cool, peel and cube; set aside.
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions, omitting the salt; drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Sauté onion in a large skillet in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add flour and pepper; stirring until smooth. Add milk gradually. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in ham, soup, potatoes and broccoli.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quarter baking dish. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, mix with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Visit the Cutco website for more delicious recipes:
Stay tuned for more information on vendors, shows and DIY ideas!