I wanted to do a quick little post with some great ideas I found online for decorating your Super Bowl football party! Okay, admittedly, if you’re not already Houston-bound (because there’s this really huge sports event happening there this weekend) or setting up the solo cups and crock pot full of Velveeta and Rotel, at this point you’re going to have to work with what you have when it comes to creating the perfect media room for watching Super Bowl 51 today. Loving all of these ideas for things you can do at your Super Bowl party this weekend! They are super creative and the food looks so yummy. They’ve definitely given me some great inspiration. Who will you be cheering for this weekend??!!
Watching the Super Bowl is only half the fun. Lure friends and family with a comfortable venue to watch the big game, and celebrate Super Bowl Sunday with good company and conversation. Pump up the festivities with football-theme decorations and kick off your game-day menu with the delicious appetizers, desserts, and fresh beverages that follow.
Pick up some artificial turf at your local home-improvement store to make the perfect table runner or tablecloth for your party. If you’re extra-crafty, use white tape or paint to replicate the yard lines on the football field.
Unless you’re one of the lucky few to have scored tickets to the big game, it’s likely you’ll be watching from home. So why not get in the spirit, I hope you’ve enjoyed some quick and easy decorating ideas to get you, your friends and your loved ones in the mood!
Every Year I’ve chosen a recipe to share. This year it’s Buffalo Chicken wing dip Potato Skins:
- Cooking Spray
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken, rotisserie chicks works great
- ¼ cup of hot sauce, if you are a wimp like me – take it up to ¾ if you like it hot
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¼ green onions, chopped
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream to top if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and coat with cooking spray.
- Poke the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on High until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool until easily handled.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half. Scoop out the insides.
- Arrange the halves skin sides down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with the tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crisped and browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, add chicken and hot sauce until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese, ranch dressing and green onions. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese.
- Once the potato skins have baked, remove from the oven and carefully spoon in the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, and place back in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with Sour Cream on the side.
YUM!!! Enjoy the Game, see you next weekend at the Times Union Home Expo! Let me know how you liked the potato skins, and as always…Stay Tuned for More Adventures in Styleland!